The President facilitates the work of the Chapter, stewards UNA-Chicago’s annual business plan, and is responsible for actualizing programmatic goals in collaboration with the Board of Directors. This role serves as the chair of the Executive Committee and leads the organization’s development strategy. The President is responsible for managing and overseeing the scope, work duties, and performance reviews of the Board of Directors,
- Subject to the Board, the President shall be the principal executive officer of the Chapter and shall be in general and active charge of the entire business and all the affairs of the Chapter
- Serves as the Chapter’s chief policy-making officer and have the powers and perform the duties incident to that position
- When present, preside at all meetings of the Board and shall have such other powers and perform such duties as are specified and as may from time to time be assigned to him/her by the Board
- Shall have general and active management of the business of the Chapter and shall see that all orders and resolutions of the Board are carried into effect.
- Execute bonds, mortgages and other contracts requiring a seal, under the seal of the Association, except where required or permitted by law to be otherwise signed and executed and except where the signing and execution thereof shall be expressly delegated by the Board to some other officer or agent of the Chapter
- Has general powers of supervision and shall be the final arbiter of all differences between Board Directors, and such decision as to any matter affecting the Chapter shall be final and binding as between the officers of the Chapter subject only to its Board
- Collects mail for the chapter and decide which postal office shall be used during his/her term
- Write the end of the year report which is submitted to UNA USA National prior to the fourth quarter Annual Meeting. S/he will request of all officers by November 15th that they submit their officer yearly reports by December 1 so that the President can compile the reports for distribution at the Annual Meeting.